Call to Kent artists, makers and designers
Kent based artists, makers and designers are invited to submit their work for a brand new type of exhibition in Faversham.
“Home is a feeling” is an art exhibition where art is shown as part of everyday life. All works will be presented in situ, in a room transformed into a living space.
The show will take place at the Victorian Alexander Centre in Faversham on 13th & 14th November.
How it works
- “Home is a feeling” is a selling show open to all Kent artists and makers.
- Submitted works can include works that go to make up a home: artworks, sculptures, furniture, books, ceramics, fabrics, soft furnishings, stationery, …
- Works will be selected on standards of excellence, variety and appeal.
- An exhibition presentation will contain a list of exhibitors with description of work, medium and price. It will also explain how to purchase works and place additional or multiple orders.
- There is no charge to enter. A fee of £45 will be charged if work is selected.
- Multiple pieces can be entered, but up to 3 pieces will be shown at once in the show. There will be some flexibility with this – at the discretion of the organisers – depending on the size and numbers of the pieces. See FAQs for examples.
- Sold pieces can be replaced by new ones during the show.
- A 20% commission on sales will be charged afterwards.
How to submit work
- Submissions should be made online from HERE.
You will be asked to provide a brief description of the items you would intend to display, their price range and your website address. You will also be able to upload up to 6 images of your work. We recommend you prepare your answers and images in advance to avoid losing your information in case of a disconnection.
- 30th August (5pm): submissions deadline
- 9th September: the names of the selected artists will be announced.
- 14th September: an invoice will be sent out for the payment of the participation fee.
- 21st September: the full payment must be received for the participation fee.
- Friday 12th November: set-up day… and possible private view (will depend on Covid restrictions).
- Saturday 13th & Sunday 14th November : the exhibition opens to the public.
- Monday 15th November: the exhibition is taken down
- By the end of the following week, an invoice will be sent out for the payment of the commission, based on sales.
A few things to keep in mind
- We suggest that exhibitors are present at the exhibition for at least half a day during the week-end, to talk about their work to visitors and also to deal will some of the enquiries from the public.
- During the exhibition, Kent Creative will take cards payment on behalf of artists. We will transfer the paid amount to your bank account minus a 2.75% fee.
- All exhibitors need to have Public Liability Insurance of which we would need to have a copy if your work is selected. Please make sure your work is also insured for such an event.
- Should this event be limited due to Covid-19 restrictions, it may be that the private view will not take place. If the entire event becomes unlikely to happen, it will be postponed.
If you have any question, check our FAQs page. If you cannot find what you are looking for, please contact us.