For artists and creatives to meet, talk, share, work together, learn from eachother etc...
A FREE meet-up designed for artists, creatives and practitioners to meet, chat, collaborate, learn and support. A simple get together with like-minded creative people, to include:
- Group discussions
- Opportunities to discuss projects/prototypes/ideas with the group and get useful feedback.
The programme of the day:
- 10:15 — 30-60 second (max!) round table intros (if you wish but no pressure).
- 10:30 – Invitation to write down any questions or requests for help/advice from the group. So if you are looking for a bit of advice or feedback on an idea, it’s an opportunity to get feedback & gauge response.
- 10:45 – Claire Hershman is a Folkestone based coach and psychotherapist and will be our speaker for this meeting. Having previously been a professional photographer, she now specialises in helping people who work in creative industries.Claire works with dreams and uses mindfulness to improve mood management allowing her clients to access and trust the creative process. She will explore what happens to creative people when they feel blocked and lose confidence.Although artists may appear to be flighty or undisciplined, the most successful are extra disciplined. They may spend time seemingly doing nothing but in fact they are consciously choosing to remain in a state of openness. It’s this openness that is the creative space artists need to access. Claire will show us how to be inspired by our feelings not overwhelmed by them, and how to overcome the often crippling fears and self-doubts that block our creativity.
- 11:30 – Question Time – read out and invite answers/suggestions to questions.
- 11:45 – General networking.
- 12:15 – Close.
If you are an artist/photographer/sculptor/print-maker whatever your medium, would like to know more and how to submit, this is a must of a meeting.
FREE. Just turn up and introduce yourself.
We only ask that you buy a tea or coffee to support our generous venue who allows us to meet FOC.
If anyone would like to use our meetings as an opportunity to educate, explain and describe their skills, business or services please contact Bev Saunders or Clare Hamilton to book a meeting date.