For artists and creatives to meet, talk, share, work together, learn from eachother etc...
A FREE meet-up designed for artists, creatives and practitioners to meet, chat, collaborate, learn and support. A simple get together with like-minded creative people, to include:
- Group discussions
- Opportunities to discuss projects/prototypes/ideas with the group and get useful feedback.
The programme of the day:
- 10:15 – 30-60 second (max!) round table intros (if you wish but no pressure).
- 10:30 – Invitation to write down any questions or requests for help/advice from the group. So if you are looking for a bit of advice or feedback on an idea, it’s an opportunity to get feedback & gauge response.
- 10:45 – Guest speaker: Louisa Crispin
Louisa Crispin formally worked in “IT” but clearly had a burgeoning creative instinct waiting to burst. She experimented with various media including printmaking and silversmithing. Drawing now consumes her interest and allows her to explore her subjects in minute detail.
A hugely successful artist, Louisa is a member of the Free Painters & Sculptors, the Society of Graphic Fine Art and a Fellow of the Society of Botanical Artists. Her prizewinning drawings are held in private collections internationally.
She regularly exhibits in London Open Exhibitions and currently shows with Kevis House Gallery Petworth, Rye Art Gallery and New Art Gallery, Alfriston.
Much of Louisa’s success as a professional artist is down to her marketing, her mastery of social media, and understanding the importance of networking for artists. We are thrilled she has agreed to talk to us about this very subject.
- 11:30 – Question Time – read out and invite answers/suggestions to questions.
- 11:45 – General networking.
- 12:15 – Close.
If you are an artist/photographer/sculptor/print-maker whatever your medium, would like to know more and how to submit, this is a must of a meeting.
FREE. Just turn up and introduce yourself.
We only ask that you buy a tea or coffee to support our generous venue who allows us to meet FOC.
If anyone would like to use our meetings as an opportunity to educate, explain and describe their skills, business or services please contact Bev Saunders or Clare Hamilton to book a meeting date.