Mona Whitton about artisforall.co.uk
A free meet-up designed for artists, creatives and practitioners in Kent to chat, collaborate, learn, share ideas and get support. Because it is nice to see people.
It’s a simple get together with like-minded creative people supporting each other during the Covid 19 crisis. It’s about building a more robust community for artists and creatives where the support comes from the community itself.
- 10:00 – Logging in and warming up
- 10:05 – Participants briefly introduce themselves for 30-60 second each (Only if you wish, there is no pressure).
- 10:15 – Guest speaker: Mona Whitton about artisforall.co.uk a new platform that offers original artworks from British-based artists and designers. As an artist, this is an opportunity to hear how it works and how to join. Followed by questions.
- 10:45 – Discussion Time – (more questions about the topic previously discussed / requests for help/advice from the group (if you are looking for a bit of advice or feedback on an idea, it’s an opportunity to get feedback & gauge response) / your news….)
- 11:00ish – Close.
Prior to the meet-up, we invite you to:
- Make notes of useful information and tips that you’d like to share with everyone.
- Test your set-up (see below).
Important Notes regarding your set-up:
- Use a desk computer or a laptop rather than a tablet or a mobile phone (these don’t always have all features available with online conferencing).
- Use Chrome or Firefox . Avoid Safari browser.
- Make sure that your computer, headphones, microphone and camera function properly.
- Avoid background noises
- Enter the meeting a couple of minutes before it starts so you have time to set yourself up.
- Watch the angle at which you position it. Put it on something a high so it is facing you in a horizontal angle, a better perspective than from below.
- Be aware of the light, which should come from the front, not from behind you.
- Watch what’s behind you. Is the background what you want people to see? When possible, put your own artwork in it!