A free meet-up designed for artists, creatives and practitioners in Kent to chat, collaborate, learn, share ideas and get support. Because it is nice to see people.
It’s a simple get together with like-minded creative people supporting each other during the Coronavirus crisis. It’s about building a more robust community for artists and creatives where the support comes from the community itself.
- 10:00 – Logging in and warming up
- 10:05 – Participants briefly introduce themselves for 30-60 second each (Only if you wish, there is no pressure).
- 10:15 – Guest speaker and/or group discussion.
- 10:45 – Question Time – questions or requests for help/advice from the group. If you are looking for a bit of advice or feedback on an idea, it’s an opportunity to get feedback & gauge response.
- 11:00 – Close
Prior to the meet-up, we invite you to:
- Make notes of useful information and tips that you can share with everyone.
- Test your set-up (see below).
Important Notes regarding your set-up:
- Use a desk computer or a laptop rather than a tablet or a mobile phone (these don’t always have all features available with online conferencing).
- Avoid internet browser Safari. Use Chrome or Firefox instead.
- Place it on a table, so that it is stable and does not move.
- Watch the angle at which you position it. Put it on something a high so it is facing you in a horizontal angle, a better perspective than from below.
- Be aware of the light, which should come from the front, not from behind you.
- Make sure that your computer, headphones, microphone and camera function properly.
- Watch what’s behind you. Is the background what you want people to see? When possible, put your own artwork in it!
- Preferably use headphones rather than speakers (they produce an echo).
- Avoid background noises
- Enter the meeting a couple of minutes before it starts so you have time to set yourself up.
- Locate the “mute” button on the left hand side of the screen. You will need to mute yourself when you are not speaking, and un-mute yourself when your turn comes.