Textile Artist Cas Holmes
A simple get together for like-minded creatives and artists to chat, learn, discuss ideas and get support. It’s also a good time to get feedback from the group, share news, reflect on the past weeks and talk about all things creatives.. It’s about building a more robust community where the support comes from the community itself.
- 10:00 – Logging in and warming up and introductions
- 10:15 – Textile Artist Cas Holmes will be talking about the transition of her working practice through lockdown, the impact on well being and change of work pattern and projects (closure of exhibitions, teaching and moving some to virtual means). Cas will also discuss her work drawing and working locally (after years of travel) and how, ultimately, this led to the writing of her book Embroidering the Everyday (release date: 2nd September).
- 10:50 – Share news, promote events, ask for help or advice from the group, get a bit of feedback on an idea…
- 11:00 – Random one-to-one sessions talking to another attendee in the group.
- 11:15 – Close
- Some extra time for an informal chat…
Cas Holmes by Richard Torble
Quite a few hours go into organising these free meet-ups. If you enjoy attending and benefit from them, you may like to show your support and consider donating to Kent Creative .
After booking, you will receive a confirmation email containing the link to join the meeting.